
Iza Aldana
Jan 16, 2026
Barangay Nangka chief denies vote-buying, insists ruling is not final as legal remedies remain
MARIKINA CITY — Barangay Nangka Captain Orong delas Armas has spoken out strongly after the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) released its decision on the disqualification case filed against him, branding the move as politically motivated and insisting that the ruling is far from final.
Delas Armas said he was shocked and deeply saddened by reports circulating about his alleged disqualification, stressing that the case was being used as a political weapon against him as the next barangay elections draw closer.
The barangay chief firmly denied allegations of vote-buying, calling them baseless and a recycled accusation allegedly revived by his political rivals to discredit him.
He clarified that the COMELEC decision is not yet final, noting that his camp had already filed a Motion for Reconsideration (MR) on January 6—prior to the release of the disqualification ruling.
“I was deeply saddened and surprised by this development. The disqualification being thrown against me is clearly political. I strongly deny the vote-buying allegations because they are completely untrue,” delas Armas said.
He added that he continues to perform his duties as barangay captain while the case remains under legal review. “We have filed a Motion for Reconsideration, and the process is far from over. I believe the truth will eventually come out,” he said.
According to delas Armas, the case may still be elevated to higher levels, including the COMELEC en banc and, if necessary, the Supreme Court.
Despite the controversy, the barangay captain assured residents that public services and ongoing projects in Barangay Nangka will continue uninterrupted. He also urged his constituents to remain calm and not be swayed by what he described as early political maneuvering and black propaganda.
For now, Captain Orong delas Armas remains in office as barangay chief while awaiting the final resolution of his disqualification case.